Monday, December 28, 2015

The garage


The very first steps in getting the garage cleaned up and organized are happening now.  The first kit will be purchased around the end of January, giving me plenty of time to get this place looking smart.  With a bit of spring cleaning and getting rid of a few things, this space will be a cozy spot to start the adventure.  Luckily the Empennage is relatively small.  I have my name on an unofficial list at the local airport ( Felts Field - KSFF) close to home and hopefully sooner that not there will be an open hanger with my name on it.





After building the classic EAA work table, I started with the Van's control surface practice project and the I pad holder that Cleveland Aircraft Tools sent with the purchase of my tools.

Being comfortable with tools but never working with aluminum or rivets, this was a really fun project that thought me how to cut, dimple, counter sink, rivet and many of the other skills that you will need to build.  No one skill is to hard by it self, but reading carefully and following directions is CRITICAL and as I see it the difference in being frustrated and being really happy with the result.  P.s. don't jump ahead of the steps :)










No comments:

Post a Comment