Friday, January 22, 2016

Picking up the EMPENNAGE/TAILCONE KIT

As you will see, I started a bit earlier than I was first planning and I'm very glad I did. This has been nothing but a blast, I wish this was something I had done years ago!  Below you will see the Vertical stabilizer (VS), rudder and the current project the Horizontal stabilizer(HS).   There has been a ton of learning with a project like this and I'm only 3 Sections into it.  

A good friend of mine and I took a short road trip from Spokane WA to Aurora, OR to the Vans Factory to pick up the EMPENNAGE/TAILCONE KIT and take a factory tour.  Van's has a very impressive set up, well organized and most, if not all employees that I met has smiles on their faces.  





Quick builds ready to be ordered and shipped


The Part that Greg is holding ( front and rear spar assembly for the VS is 11' 1.5") was the only group of parts that didn't fit into the vehicle.  We strapped it to the top and all was well with the world again :)  Thank you Van's for the extra 2x4x10 

 

Greg giving me the thumbs up that there is plenty of room for the 6 hr drive back






No comments:

Post a Comment